boat plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Does anyone have something they use to keep the drain plug from seizing? Every time I get home, I have to use a pair of pliers to get the plug out and I'm concerned that eventually I'll bust the thing. THanks:blink:

Jim

Are you talking about the plastic screw in ones? If so does yours still have it's o ring? If not you need to have one then you don't have to tighten it so much.

Yes, it's the plastic screw in type. I'll have to check to see if I lost my o-ring. Thanks. I tried reel magic, it only worked for about two trips and then it was siezing on me again.

How 'bout a schmere of something a little stouter...like white lithium grease.

I'd get a new plug. I keep a spare in the glove box, they're only 5 bucks, including the socket at BPS.

Jim - Just drive NORTH to Canton, meet Eli/Noah and I at the Cherokee Mills ramp on Allatoona and we'll take a look at it!!! LOL

Hope you got it fixed/working, my '99 nitro doesn't seem to have a problem as LONG as I don't tighten it TOO tight, so I would (now in the summer when the water is warm), screw it in a little LESS tight, and check the bildge a few times during the day to see how it works.

Trep

had the same problem, everytime ya go fishin and come home, give it a coat of marine grade grease, seals the plug great and works great

Dont take it out! Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back