Boat is fixed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corson

Reaction score
Went out and put the batteries in my boat last weekend, got it started but the trolling motor foot pedal would not work without really pressing down hard on the switch. The constant ON mode would work fine. Hmmmmmm, it worked last year. Tore the foot pedal apart and found out that theres a small rubber boot that sits on top of the micro switch. Well, the top of that was all descintigrated. Figured, where am i gonna find one of these? Probably Motorguide has them but would have to order it. Went to my dealer where i bought the boat, and low and behold, they had them in stock. $1.30 ea., so i bought 2 of them. Came home, put it on, put it back together, and just like new now. Who'd have thunk............... ? Haven't had the ole girl out yet but probably sometime this month.

Jim, I just went thru the exact same situation. Found the part and was told you could not buy just the rubber boot. One $15 switch later I am back in business. Where did you buy the rubber boot? I would like to have a couple.

Bill B.

at my local dealer...... Dover Marine here in Dover, NH. Was yours the gray switch on the foot pedal. theres a micro switch under it, and that boot was the one i replaced. funny why you were told, you had to buy the complete micro switch.

Don't ya just love them guys at Dover Marine.

Good family buisness and pretty much always have what you need. I will defintly purchase my next boat from them.

GregD

Yes, the exact same switch. The switch was fine but the rubber boot was worn out.I'll see if I can contact Dover and maybe they can send me a few.

If you want, send me your address and i'll pick you up a couple next time i'm down there and send them to you. Jim

Jim and Dan thanks for the info. Jim thanks for the offer. I just ordered 2 boots thru boats.net. At least I'll have a few spares.Again thanks for your help.

Back