Boat in the Shop...Cover on Cover Off?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
I'm going to break down and pay someone to install the Hotfoot and Protrim lever that I bought several months ago but have never got around to installing. The boat is sitting out in the driveway with the cover on now. Should I leave the cover on when I take it to the shop? They'll have to take it off to do their work...do I trust them not to damage the cover and put it back on when they're finished? I hate for my new baby to be sitting out in the summer sun, rain, and dust for several day un-covered.

Definitely covered! Sun, rain and dust will do more harm and is more difficult to address on a boat than repairs to a cover - and that's only if the dealer is careless and if they fail to correct any of their errors. If you want to be safe (and a good idea regardless), have the dealer note on the work order that your cover was supplied and the condition it was in when dropped off (i.e., "XXXX brand name boat cover provided by customer. Cover is in good condition with no rips, tears, abrasions or other undue wear."). Then keep a copy as proof should anything happen to the cover.

I always take my cover with me when going to the shop. I put it on, right after I park the rig. Most shops will make sure that it's put back on after working on it.

Tex

I had one on and took mine to the shop...they broke a couple of straps when they used the trim motor and never took the straps off when they moved it! :angry: If I were you...use a tarp so they break something cheap.

I have not had a problem with either Tracker Atlanta or Dalton Marine (who services my Nitro localy in GA) with either cover. I always cover it before I leave the house, and they always make sure its back on and tight before I leave.

Trep

Latest posts

Back