boat financing - refinance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Need some help from you guys... I'm looking to refinance the boat and add the new motor to the bill. Who do you folks recommend for a bank? Preferably someone online...

I posted a link below from a great site that I have been a part of for about six years know!!! They can take care of you.

If I was in your situation I would look at refinancing your home with the great rates out there right now. Wells Fargo has a either secured or unsecured home equity line of credit that the wife and I did for home improvements and it has some great perks that make it affordable and very user friendly!!

Mark

We'd refinance the home if we weren't planning on moving soon. Hate to add another $10k to the mortgage payoff....

Bruce, do you have access to a credit union? If you do go talk to them. Credit unions generally offer the best intrest rates you can get on loans of this type. When i got my current boat i did some shopping around for rates and in the end my credit union had the best rate by a large margin. The dealer wanted me to finance thru them at something like 10.5% and as usual they wanted me to go 10+ years. i checked local banks and my credit union for rates and the choise was clear. The best i could do from a regular bank was 8%( i have very good credit) my credit union came in at 5.25%. keep in mind this is an unsecured boat loan nothing to do with a home loan. because the intrest rate was so low i took a 5 year note on the boat and plan to have it paid off quicker.

Thanks guys. I'll check out my credit union. The trickiest part is going to be getting the extra money for the new motor....

Back