Boat Covers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I need a mooring cover for the Banana Boat. I looked around online and found mostly trailerable covers. Where is a good place to buy a mooring cover?

Ok, maybe its not a mooring cover. I need something to put over the boat when I leave it in the slip. The Nitro cover that came with it secures to the trailer with straps and buckles. I don't know how I would secure that cover.

What type of cover do I need?

Teri, you're looking for a mooring cover. It attaches with snaps, which over time, will rust or possibly come off (you'll have to be careful around docks, etc). You'll probably need to have one made custom. Call Tommie @ BPS Nashville and she'll hook you up with their canvas shop. 615-612-3494.

Craig

No lift. It will be in the water. I will have it out of the water frequently but there will be times when I leave it in the slip over night and I want to cover it.

I thought about taking a cover similar to the one in the link about, cutting the straps and then sewing a small loop where each strap was, then attaching some of those suction straps. Think that would work?

No snaps!

Hi Teri

The Nitro/Dowco cover I got with my 188 Sport can also be used to cover the boat off trailer. The cover came with 2 adjustable, removable posts to raise the center of the cover so the rain will run off. These posts insert into 2 eyelets included in the cover. You secure the cover by using just the draw string. I've only used the cover once in this manner. It rained that night and seemed to work fine.

I'm not sure how well this would hold up for a longer term solution though.

Paul

Back