Boat Covers?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo. Beason

Reaction score
My boat cover has been torn, repaired, torn, repaired and I think it's time for a new one. Looking for the best deal on the best cover before it snows here in Illinois.

Where is the best deal in town?

Geo, depends on what you need out of a cover. If you trailer a lot, spend the money on a Tracker or Nitro custonm cover. If you just want it for protection from the elements during the winter, go to Walmart and buy one of their covers. I just bought my second one last week after hurricane IVAN shredded the first one. BTW I bought the first one in 2000 and trailered from St. Louis to Lake Okeechobee Fl. and back, with the cover on. Was still waterproof this year, but probably time to repace anyway. For $97.00 plus tax, a cover that lasts four years is a pretty good investment.

They are sized in A, B, C, and D, depending on your length and beam.

The key to a cover lasting and protecting the boat is making sure that you have it supported high enough to shed water and/or snow so it doesn't collect on the cover.

Hope this helps. If you need the mfg. name, let me know and I'll get it for you.

Bruce Moore

Back