Boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Martin2

Reaction score
I just bought my first bass boat, a 2001 929 cdx... This boat did not come with a cover. I purchased a cover from savvy boat covers but it seems to big and it looks like its more for trailering. I'm looking more for a cover that I can easily cover the boat when I'm done fishing. I will store this boat at my house, up on a lift so I will not be able to run straps underneath the hull. Please help

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. :unsure: Cover the boat and don't use the straps.

without putting the straps around the hull, the cover just blows off the boat. there is no other way to secure it.

Can you post a pic of the lift? Seeing it might generate some ideas from the members here. ;)

Since I moved up to Lake Champlain full time I had the same problem. I purchased a boat lift this year because I did not want to be putting in and taking out all the time. As the winds on Lake Champlain are mostly from the south I put the boat lift on the north side uptight to the dock so I was able to use parts of the dock (ie: cleats) and boat lift parts to secure the boat cover. On the north side I used plastic water bottles filled to the needed level and attached them to the necessary straps to weight down the cover. Over the front of the bow to insure that any winds could not blow off part of the boat cover I used a bungee cord that covered part of the trolling motor connecting to the trailer safety clasp

Hope this helps.

You need what is called a Mooring Cover. Strong elastic instead of straps. But remember, those covers are for mooring only. You can't trailer with it. Google it up or go to Dowco, Aurora, or any of the other big cover companies. You bought an excellent model boat!! Good luck!!

TOXIC

Hmmm. The draw rope on both my covers were strong enough to keep the cover on without the straps [non-trailering]. And as KS is one of the top windy states, I think that is a pretty good test.

Latest posts

Back