Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hinton

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a custom boat cover for a 640lx like the ones that Ranger boats come with. Ok course I want one that says Nitro. Im looking for one that has the sewn in straps and where I dont have to take my seat poles out. Thanks for any help.

Fast - Just be careful with the Nitro custom cover. I bought one for my 896 but since I upgraded the TM to a 101 hand control the custom cover wouldn't fit. If you buy one make sure you can take it back if it doesn't fit properly.

Bill in VA

I had a 640lx and put a new trolling motor on it and the cover wasn't long enough. The next cover I bought was for the 700lx and it worked fine. I got it at bass pro. Chris F.

Fast ,

you should try an awning shop, my uncle ownes one, and he builds custom covers for boats all the time. usually will cost a couple hundred more bucks,, but you will get a custome fit. we live in southeast texas though, and that would be a long trip for a cover.

chris

I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I went with a guy offline who I have heard great things about. He has a shop he sells from on Ebay called Terrys Outdoors ( I think, cant remember off the top of my head ). I ended up getting a custom fit in red, in a material they call sharkskin. Its a hurricane brand ? I talked to the company and exsplained what I had done to my boat and they said they will cut the trolling motor area a little bigger to accomidate the MinnKotta Maxxum 80 for no extra charge. Total was 256.00 that is with OB cover and straps. The funny thing is my Parents own a Upholstery buisness in Florida. I could have went down to thier house and made one myself for relativly cheap but I would have had to take a week off work. Haul the boat to Florida for the measurments and then go buy all the materials and then cut and sew all week. Not much fun I would rather pay the money. Mom did say when I come down later this year since im bringing the boat that she will pull all the measurments she needs and make me a custom to my specs with the little additions I want. Such as felt on the inside at the bottom. and a few other things. So I will end up using the one I just bought as a spare and the one mom makes me for a primary cover.

Back