Boat Cover Recommendations?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Theys2

Reaction score
Guys - I need some advice. I have a new Tahoe Q4 fish/ski and need to put it in outdoor storage. I need to get a top quality cover or I will worry sick about it. I looked online and found the "Exact Fit" covers from Bass Pro Shops for around $290. The problem (potential) is that they list them through 2005 models. My boat is a 2006. Does anyone know from experience if the covers will work? Also how well made are the covers? Do they tow well at highway speeds?

Any advice will be appreciated. Also if there are any other brands that you recommend please let me know.

My "exact fit" NITRO cover fits exactly when I have the trolling motor slid back in its mount. If extended, then it comes up the taddiest of tads short. It trailers very well and doesn't hold water at rest. When I stored my boat outside for the first two winters I also covered it with an additional inexpensive tarp from KMART. I had no problems. I can't address the 2005 v. 2006 issue.

Im not too impressed with the costom fit one for my Nitro 882. After 4 years its falling apart at the seams and it leaks like crazy. Its been leaking since year two but now its really bad. In my opinion it has not stood up well since its only in the weather 7 months a year then the boat gets wrapped.

My plan is to try to get the rest of the season out of it if i can and have Aurora make me one. I already spoke to them and they can make me exactly what i want. A buddy of mine has one of thier covers on his Triton and you can tell just by looking it it that its a much better made cover then the one i have.

Wow! If Aurora can give me a cover that will last 25 years, then I'm in--:lol::lol:.

JPT, I'm with Marty, I don't have the money for the "quality" tarps so I cover my current tarp with a Walmart tarp and replace it every year. The GA sun wreaks havoc on canvas tarp seams. I've had the same canvas tarp for three years now and it's in great shape thanks to the cheap tarp I put on top of it. Good Luck

Jim

I got one of the exact fix covers about 5 years ago. I could't find one to fit my PT17 for the year but I found one similar, I couldn't pass it up, it was $70 and on clearance. I double cover it with a cheap Wally World cover and it works fine. As far as trailering I did it a few times, but it caused alot of stress on the cover. I have never really found the need to trailer a boat with a cover but I guess it has it's purpose when needed. You will be fine with the BPS cover as long as you double cover it. I also spray my BPS cover with water prrofing stuff from WalMart, that stuff is great. (it has the birght orange lid)

Hope this helps

Donnie

Back