Boat all polished for next sping

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
My boat goes away for the winter on Saturday. I just gave it the fall cleaning so I don;t have to worry about it come spring time. I polished it using Meguiars Flagship Premium Marine Wax ... wow what a shine! That stuff seems to shine up really well.

Paul

Paul when can i drop off my 882 for a wax job? :D

Actuallt the weather in out neck of the woods should be nice on Sat. I think im going fishing.

Hi Jim -

I did consider holding off for one more weekend but have a lot of other things going on this weekend. I was out last weekend and air temp was in the 70's. I broke a sweat just fishing.

Hi Trep -

I have friends who live in Florida and Georgia and they can't relate to the "putting th eboat away for the winter" concept. It is never enjoyable come this time of year.

Paul

Paul

I was ont on Sat myself and where i went the fishing was terrible. Regardless it was a great day to be on the water. Im going to try to get out both days this weekend and most likley i will have to park it from there.

Trep, i agree with Paul that this time of the year is no fun. But i wouldnt trade the Smallmouth fishing thats up here for the ability to fish year round. So for me having to lay my boat up for a few months is worth it because i know ill be catching loads of 4#+ smallies in the spring.

Jim

Fishing was terrible for me as well last Sat. A friend of mine was also out and reported the same. Lunar calendar had it as one of the worst days of the month. With the warming temp last Sat, I was expecting a decent bite but it wasn't the case.

Paul

I brought my boat in for storage. Its always fun to look at the new boats in the showroom. I checked out the new 591 .... nice boat! Seems to approach a 9 series boat. Price tag for the show room model I saw was around $29K.

WTF?!....Get out fishin!!! We're still fishing in MICHIGAN!!! Neeley and Cicero caught 4 smallies on ST. Clair on saturday that went OVER 20lbs!! I saw the pix's today!! You guys are missing out on the BEST big fish time of year right NOW!! Put your boats away when the snows too deep at the ramp!!:wacko:

Mac

Amen Mac Daddy......Fish Hard or go HOME!!:lol::lol: Till there's snow on the ramp???? That's what they make 4WD for!! I've had to break ice with my boat to get out of the bay that the marina is in. If they know I'm coming they will take one of their cheap tin rigs out and break it for me!!LOLOL!!!

TOXIC

Back