Boat accessories recommendations needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason L

Reaction score
I need recommendations on the following please....

1. Which 12V Minn-Kota TM should I buy to replace my 43# motorguide? (Budget=$<500)

2. Which console mounted fish finder should I buy to replace my crappy x37? (Budget=$350) I am looking at the Eagle 500c color one. (I Have a bow mounted Eagle 480 that I like already) Anything else I should check out?

3. Which battery charger(Not on board) should I buy to make sure my sure my starting motor is always charged?

Boat=2004 PT 185 Tracker

Thanks for your advice.

Jason

1. Minn Kota, but you don't need a 24V. Look at the new Edge 55, should be in your price range.

2. Nothing wrong with your choice there ;)

3. Why not buy an onboard to handle both your batteries? Take a look at Guest (recommended) or Minn Kota?

Try this one from Cabelas

*edit - link didn't work. Cabelas carries them, look at the Guest 2611 for $126.99

How abut a chiller for the beer? $210.00:cool: I love these little smiley things.

1. Agree with bruce my 700lx weighs a hair more then your 185, and a 52lb thrust motor is more then enough, unless you fish river current.

2. Humminbird all the way, 585c $399 with a $50 rebate puts it at $350!

3. Nothing but the best, so you better get a GUEST!! If you stay with the 2 battery (1 cranking 1 trolling) the 2611 or its current model is great, usualy around $100 at Bass Pro! I've got one in my Nitro and had one for over 5 years in my Tracker.

Back