Bitin' the Bullet...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Well after Rule sending me a NEW pump Saturday and looking at the situation of replacing my livewell pump a little closer...I gave up and made an appointment to have it replaced. I cannot get to the bottom hose...don't know how they'll do it but, I'm sure it's doable.

I would recommend anyone with a 2001 to 2002 175 or 185 (if replacing pump) to replace it with one of the new ones with the replaceable cartridge. Rule industries went way beyond what I would call great service and that's what it's all about.

TEE

What's your's look like, Tee?? Mine is a mid-year 2002 PT175 and it has the replacable cartridge pump. I just replaced the motor/impeller cartridge last week. I did take the entire assembly loose including all 3 hoses because I had trouble getting the cartridge to unlock. It's not easy to get too, but once I removed the mounting screw that holds the whole assembly in place I was then able to remove the hoses. Moving the cranking battery out of the road helped, but it's still mostly a one-handed operation...

Not fun...

You've got the newer one...that's good. My mount is welded and removing the battery helped to get two hoses off but, the one on the bottom far-side is unreachable and I don't have huge arms either.

I heard the guy at the service center tell me,"they had to eat a lot of warranty work", thus the change.And of course...mines outta' warranty.

Well at least it'll be replacable now....

TEE

I see your problem. Welding isn't always a good thing. The bottom far side hose is hard enough to get on and off on mine, let alone on yours.

Dang it!!! I can't win for losin'....I just got off the phone with Tracker SC and they can't get me in til' July 9th....@$$oes...Now I gotta' see if someone else can do it. Any takers? ;)

TEE

Back