Bio Desiel?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
OK, I am just starting to research this as a viable option as a way to fuel our company trucks.

Any idea of where I should start looking for the most info with the least amount of reading?

Thanks

BF

Bruce - I've found the National Biodiesel Board to have a pretty decent website with easy to navigate information on biodiesel. With the higher cetane values and additives required to address certain emissions (i.e., NOx), the type of biodiesel you use and the specifications of the engine must be matched closely. Just as with standard diesel, there are several grades of biodiesel. You'll find more on the link below.

Good luck!

JC

http://www.biodiesel.org

I just got a letter from volkswagon, stating because of the quality of fuel they i can use it in my jetta tdi and they will warranty it. just goes to show that progress is being made somewhere.

Bruce,

I'm now in the fuel management business, and bio diesel is a very hot subject. The issues brought up to me are the pump and mixing equipment, and the "shelf life" of the end product.

If you'd like to discuss, drop me an email and I'll try to get you hooked up with the people who are doing it. And, if you are looking for a way to manage all of it, let me know also.

Back