Bimini tops

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Paul

Reaction score
To make the whole boating experiance more enjoyable for my wife and kids I'm thinking about installing a bimini top or something similar on my 896. My question is, do they make a top for my application? I have never seen one installed on a fiberglass bass boat just run-abouts and pontoons. Thanks

Well it's not a "run-abouts and pontoon" or a "fiberglass bass boat" EWW YUCK!!! LOL But it is a bass boat and has a new bimini top. Just something to think about. IT is completely removable just leaving 3 small pieces of hardward on each gunwale when removed, none of which are sharp or large enough to cause difficulty.
top%20side%20view.JPG

Hey Trepper,

You are up way too late. Of course, I'm just getting ready for work. Nice top though.

Mike - I have one on my tin ProDeep 17 and they are really nice for cruising, tubing and just about anytime the wife is out with me. It does get in the way when fishing though because you don't get clear access to walk a line around the boat as needed.

If you look at some of the online sales sites, they have examples of bimini tops on glass boats.

david.....

David - Am still in AZ and didn't reset my timezone to Eastern, so it was only 9:30pm in AZ.

Mike,

I installed a bimini on my 185sf 2 weekends ago. I looked at BPS but they don't actually stock them...they order them upon request and it takes a month for delivery. I ended up getting a hurricane top from iboats.com and love it. It took an hour to install, looks great and doesn't shake until I hit about 50 mph. They offered 3 types of material with many different colors. I went with a sharkskin top (mid range cost) and found an exact color match to a tan graphic on the side of the hull. The acrylic material is the most expensive but I am extremely satisfied with the sharkskin. I took the family out (including 2 toddlers) in 98 degree temp this past weekend and the top was a life saver. Over all I spent right around $250.00 on the top but avoiding sunburned toddlers is priceless. I'll post a pic when I get my film developed.

Latest posts

Back