Billy Westmoreland:)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Anybody see this months Bassmaster...

Billy Westmoreland (long time friend) will be inducted into The Fishing Hall of Fame in conjuction with the Classic at the end of the month. It will be the FIRST posthumous award given to an individual at the Hall of Fame.

He deserved it....The only man that I knew that caught over 100 Smallies over 8 lbs:) Heck most are LUCKY to get one in their life. But, of course he knew every hollow,rock,stump in Dale Hollow BEFORE it was filled. He was also guiding at 15 years old.

Very true...he was a good man. Always helpful but, really I think no one really expected it. His health just really went downhill for about 5 years after he quit guiding.

I have two things from him that really mean a lot to me....

First is a personel autographed copy of "them ol' brownfish" that reads...To Tommy, "Long casts and hope this will be informative reading"...it surely was.

Second is an old hat of his from the "Billy Westmoreland Fishing Diary" show that he enjoyed making so much. Wished that ESPN or somebody would bring some of the shows back. Very,very good fisherman:)

Way way to late if you ask me. I think he should have been there a long time ago.

I met him a few times at the Lexington boat shows. A very nice guy who always had time for everyone.

Donnie

Back