Bill, Red Lobster

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Moore

Reaction score
Bill, the short answer to your question is: they Pi$$ed me off.:D:D:D

Took the wife out to the one in Knoxville Tn. when we lived there for one of the few nights out for dinner. Understand, no money, working in sales building a territory, bills out the yazoo, dinner out was a big deal. What was supposed to be hot was cold, what was supposed to be cold was hot. Told the mgr. his words were "it's very busy tonight, some mistakes happen". No offer for anything except reordering, which I know what can happen. Hell, I'd been happy with a "sorry, I'll make it right next time". Nada:rolleyes:

Since then, No RL for me!:D

Bruce(hold a grudge)M

Shoulda' got back in his face and said," Sorry but, we're broke ,hungry and tired of waiting"..NO EXCEPTIONS!

They gave away a table in front of us for 10 BY MISTAKE ONCE!

No doubt that I recieved free appetizers for everyone and a $20 coupon by the time I was done with em':lol:

Take no prisoners!:lol:

Tee, that's all you got? Your easy. All appetizers dinners, one drink per person (Legalities) and desert free of charge. Got all that do to slow service, no pop overs or mashed potato so buy the time I was done with them they were prisoners and did exactly as I said:lol:

When I was in college they used RL as a model for customer service. RL's customer service was supposed to be at a very high level. I am sure if you talk tothe right people if would get fixed and you could atucally get a free meal or appetizer no problemo.

Donnie

We asked for drinks but, once they seen me they said, "They'd go broke":lol:

I've got a friend that's a real hothead in resturants. One time he was out with his wife and in-laws at Outback and something got screwed up, I don't remember what. Anyway the manager came over to the table and offered to comp the entire meal if Dan would say he was happy and would come back again. Would you believe he's such a knucklehead he wouldn't do it. What a moron :wacko: ...he'd rather pay over 100 bucks than give them the satisfaction of making him happy.

Same guy...one day we go out to lunch. The girl greets us at the door and asks us if we would like to sit in the smoking or non-smoking section. Dan says," I don't smoke but I do have gas. Do you have a special section for that?" :lol:

Harpo

:lol:

Yeah, I had a few friends that were quite embarrasing to go to eat with.:eek:

Bruce... speaking of eating.... Staci's death had me in a sad nostalgic mood one afternoon as I was responding to an e-mail from a mutual friend... The mutual friend suggested that I dwell on "happy moments"... I had several enjoyable days hunting or fishing with Scott/Staci over the last six years... But, as I reviewed our "history" in my mind I fell into a raging fit of laughter when I started thinking about the meal we shared at that "fate ridden" dinner table at the Moors. Amanda... the History Channel... who really killed Kennedy... and you never did get yourt dessert... If you based all of your reactions on the quality of restaurant "service"... you would have been guilty of having called down that tornado on the Moors Resort. Instead, I have one of the funniest memories of my life... Seven or eight of us hapless souls (almost like the crew and passengers of the S.S. Minnow) at a fateful meal...:rolleyes:

Snake bit.... Red Lobster HAD been on my approved list... Until last night... Food was cold... rolls were H-A-R-D... service was very slow (and they were not at all busy)...

Soooooooooooooooo... after I paid my check and handed a respectable tip to the waitress (who did her best to get us through a miserable experience)... I asked to speak to the Manager... She informed me that that was one of the problems... Manager had quit a "Lead" waitress and the Assistant manager were trying to keep it together... Seems that the Manager and the cook and a couple of other kitchen staff "had new jobs, elsewhere"... and had just walked out after a couple of hours...

Assistant Manager apologized but said there was nothing she could do... She could not give us a gift vcertificate or reeduce the price of our meal because she did not have keys to the "safe" or the "registers" She wrote me out a "comp" fior a free meal on the back of a business card for the restaurant... wondering if it will be honored?

Bigger question, what happened that the Manager and the othert staff were willing to set fire to the "bridge"...

Back