Bill, Carlos, Tox

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped my rig at Sturgeon Creek today. I might even take my daughter fishing tomorrow. Point being, they open at 6am so that is the soonest I can get in to get my rig that morning. Heck, it's not light till 7 or after....

I caught a big fishy today!!

TOXIC

Guys - Your call! Like Tox said it doesn't get light until 0700. I would think that if you all show up around 0630 or so we can get some coffee, chat a little and then head down to the launch ramp and get ready to put in. Only one launch ramp on either side (hot or cold) so it will take a while for us to get ready. I will put the boat in on Friday night since the wife wants to use the truck on Saturday morning for a while.

What time do you expect to finish up for the day? Got lots of good food for our evening festivities but know some have a longer trip back home than others. I am totally open since I won't bed going back to the primary house until Monday morning so it's up to you all.

Weather is looking good with a high of 63 and partly cloudy.

Whoo Hoo Nice weather!!!!!!!! BONUS

Evening all,

I can be in the area as soon as you all think it is ok. I plan on leaving the house at 0530 or so. Can take from 45 min to an hour to get there. So my ETA is 0615ish. I can dump my boat, and then run over and get Tox's real quick. How does that sound?

Be ready to roll is 0730ish, my guess. Will miss pinkie time, but the talk time will make up for it :)

What else beside the Onion Pie do i need to bring?

As for the finish time, will probally depend if we are really catching them or looking still :)

Carlos

I'm single that weekend so time doesn't matter. Gotta come home occassionally to let the dog out though. I've got to wait to hear from Gene so that I know where my takeoff is from. He might have to get back at a more reasonable hour than me.

TOXIC

Tox, did you get my E-mail? I have to be back sunday a.m. to drive back home :')

Gene

FYI our E-mail server is having trouble with some other E-mail systems. I'll be here on the board tuesday if you need any thing or my wife's E-mail address is [email protected]. What kind of weather should I pack for?

Gene,

I did get "a" email, I don't know if it is "the" email you are talking about LOL. My real question is if you want to stay at my place friday night, or if you want me to pick you up somewhere Saturday morning? I will be in DC on Friday is why I ask. Otherwise, I will have to drive back in on Saturday. No problem getting you back whenever.

TOXIC

Gene, Let me know ASAP. Carlos, Let's all meet at Sturgeon Creek @ 0600. We will go to bills from there. It is still a possibility that I can get TC's truck. I am planning WCS(worst case senerio).

TOXIC

Toxic, I'll still be doing the family thing on Friday night. I will have a car, so I can drive and meet you if you want. The E-mail I sent was just my phone numbers and such. I'm leaving the office around 10:30 so E-mail my wife today at the address above or call the numbers I gave youWednesday thru Friday. We will be at the hotel Wednesday night and at my brother in-laws Thursday and Friday during the day and evening. Let me know what I can bring.

Gene

Gene,

No problem. I will e-mail you directions to my house and give you the address in case you want to do a map quest search. Now that I think about it, if you want to meet at the lake it would be just as close and then you can leave when you are ready. Directions to the lake (where we will be meeting at 6:00 are .....

Take 95 South to the Thornberg (rt 208)Exit.

Go West on 208 to Sturgeon Creek Marina (on left hand side of road).

That's it!! LOL

I never go that way, is there anything else he needs to know KB?, Carlos?

TOXIC

Gene - When you go on 208 West and you go across the 208 bridge you have gone too far. Sturgeon Creek is about 1.5 miles east of the bridge going across Anna.

Bill

So what you do is go over the bridge and then turn around and go about 1.5 miles. Actually, it is pretty obvious where the marina is. Guys, do they keep the roadside signs lit all night?

Going south on 95:

S on 95 past Fredericksburg

Exit #118

Tox,

Will be there closer to 0610 then 0600. I am leaving here at 0530, picking Don up on Rt 17 and then rolling your way. That time line still good?

Carlos

BTW Tox,

Bring that Tm and I can drop it of for work at the TM shop up the road.

Carlos

Will do. If it's something simple, I'm gonna be peeved. But it is grinding like its got gravel in the motor and actually hanging up on occasion. I work that little 46lb thrust motor hard!! All over the lakes and even in some rivers. Troll for crappie and hunt for lg mouth!! It is a good motor though.

TOXIC

HAHAHAH I will get my stuff tied on tomorrow. Have the cover on it now. I am picking Don up at the Rt 17 commuter lot in the AM. Then I am rolling your way.

No kidding, we shoudl have went today :) I was watching all week as they were redoing their forecast and the temps kept dropping.

I am going to get out my cold WX stuff here in a bit. I have to being Buster to the vet, then I will get the rest of the stuff together.

Carlos

I am at work...but not for long......I have not heard from Teddy on whether or not I can get his truck...He borrowed the boat again this week, didn't want to drag his rig to the lake on a "cast and blast" day (birds in the morning and bass in the afternoon). So I might have to stop and put some fuel in her. I hope not.

Weather should be fine....if nothing else I will troll for stripers (I'm hooked now). Today would have been terrible...too much rain!! Let it get it out of its system. The 1st day of a cold front has very little effect on the fish. LOTS of effect on the fishermen!!LOL I am officially a batchelor for the weekend!!

TOXIC

Back