Big Fish, Cool Hat

• Thread starter Adam Murray [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/9
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Murray

Reaction score
Thought ya'll might appreciate this. Not a lake known for its big fish. Just goes to show you, though...anything can happen when fishing in Texas!

Excerpted from www.fishingworld.com:

12/28/2002 - Athens, TX .... Leonard Nuttall of Rowlett, Texas caught a 14.1 lb. largemouth bass from Lake Ray Hubbard on December 27, 2002 at about 1:00 pm.

This is the 2nd ShareLunker for the 2003 Season and a new lake record on Lake Ray Hubbard. The fish measured 25.5" in length with a 21.5" girth and was caught on a Black Blue Jig.

ShareLunker2-2003.jpg

i keep telling myself to switch to blk/blue jigs. guess i'm so stubborn i don't even listen to myself. that is a real healthy looking fish. thanks for the pic. bet you're used to seeing those alot being around lk fork.

jd

Wish I could say I was "used to seeing those alot"!!!

While last year produced a good number of ShareLunker fish, the numbers aren't near what they were before the virus hit.

As you pointed out, the above fish (14.1 #'s) was caught with a jig. One can only assume he was using pretty stout line. An exact same size fish came out of Fork two weeks ago from a crappie fisherman using 4# test and a small crappie spoon in 40ft. of water. Imagine that battle!!

We would love to have an OU fan on our water! Just wear orange and don't say a damn thing about Bevo!

While I don't fish RH that much, I've heard the quantity of bass there exceeds Fork due to the lower concentration of Florida-strain bass (hence the smaller typical weights).

However, I wouldn't let that deter anyone. I've seen some quality bags come out of RH tournaments and, as the above picture shows, you never know what might be lurking in the depths!

There have been several big ones out of Hubbard this year. I caught one that would go about 12 on a crankbait (but I guess Buffalo don't count, though, huh?). I did catch an 8 there this year, but not another one that went over 4. I think there are some decent sized ones, just not that many. It gets a decent amount of pressure, being in the Metroplex, but it's worth trying out a few times a year if you live nearby.

Can't believe how many TX/OK members we have here! Maybe a SouthWest rally is in order???

I would love to join in a Tex/Okla rally. James, and I have talked about trying to get together with some of the other Okies, but meeting some of the Texas members would be even more fun.

Harpo

Or it could be a huge brawl...either way I'm sure there'll be lots of beer consumed!

I am going to be in Austin, Texas from March 10th to April 12th and am going to miss the Kentucky rally as I am flying home on April 12th. If anyone wants to get together near Austin during the time that I am there, we could have a mini rally. I won't have my boat or my gear, but will have gas and food money!!

Bob G.

more beer please! i promise not to say a word about bevo but how about a Dallas Cowboy shirt instead (orange is to similar to that osu cowboys thing)? i've been wanting to fish fork or one of the tx lakes in february as i've been told that is when you will catch a trophy. Count me in anytime you guys want to get together as this sounds fun. Adam, we elect you as mini-ralley tournament director scheduler leader person - you know where the lake is. pick a weekend we all can get free and lets do it. soonerfan and i need to catch a big ole bass.

(sorry it took so long as i forgot i responded to this thread)

jd