Big Bass Bash

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyle2

Reaction score
Anyone fishing the Big Bass Bash in a couple weeks at Lake of the Ozarks? This will be my first time in that tournament.

Sent from my BBE100-4 using Tapatalk

I am still on the fence, I have fished it a couple of times before and it is a lot of fun. Be aware, there are probably going to be 2,000 or more boats on the lake, and weigh ins are every 3 hours, so traffic will be an issue. Check the scores on their website in real time to find out if your fish made the top 25 cut before you go weigh in. Fish docks and points, this time of year the shad are moving so topwater poppers and crankbaits do well. Drop shot and Carolina rigs work as well around structure and points. Have fun!

Thanks for the words of wisdom! We are staying on the Lake by the Grand Glaze Bridge so we don't have to mess with the boat ramp every morning. That will take some stress out of the picture. My 5 year old son is fishing with me and he is as excited as I am.

The fishing was tough at the Big Bass Bash. My son and I had a great weekend fishing together, but only caught a couple smaller fish. There is always the Spring BBB to look forward to now. We will probably head down for a weekend in November yet to try for some bass and crappie.

Partner and I have reinlisted for the Big Bass Splash at Toledo Bend- May, 2020. This will be our third round and we looking foreward to the event there. Partner and have both managed to weigh 6 pound plus fish- one each, for both years past. Pays enough to cover our entry and 3 days of fishing. If you didn't catch the BassMasters College event this past weekend be sure to go to their site and see the two winner in action from their 20ft Nitro Boat. Awesome teamwork for sure: https://www.bassmaster.com/news/bethel-university-goes-wire-wire-win-toledo-bend

Latest posts

Back