bidding on this boat, what do you guys think?

• Thread starter Bruce Yeaton [URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce, Can the seller end the auction early if you and him strike a deal? Have you checked NADA to see what the boat is valued at? I would go see the boat in person before buying something that costs several thousand. The boat looks nice but I personally would not buy something that expensive without going through it in person.

I'm not sure about ending the auction early, but there are only 2 hours left anyway. I'm trying to get in touch with him to work out details of seeing the boat before final payment.

I checked NADA and plan on spending much less than what retail is, otherwise I won't bother with bidding.

Gamblers are FAST boats. But don't try to run it on Champlain, big water is not Gambler friendly from what I hear. But my concern is if that price reflects what he wants. It shows the reserve as not met yet. With a boat like that with a good 200 Merc on the back, and all of it 2002? That boat should sell for at least $15,000. Anything significantly under that and I would be VERY skeptical.

So Bruce - you're "bradstrucksales"??

I wonder what the reserve is, Rob is right (GEEZE that hurts!! LOL) with out that met he will not sell.

I haven't placed a bid yet, I'm waiting to see what this other guy tries to steal it for :)

The ad had been revised, the starting bid was $10K and I believe a buy it now price for $13K. He switched it a few days ago to a "starting bid".

The only mistake he made was it was placed in Personal Water craft, not bass fishing boats. I only found it with a search.

So you can buy that outright for 13k? Sounds like a good deal. Very nice lookin' boat.

I just bought my 98' PT185 on Ebay last month. Drove from MN to TN to get it. I think I got an awesome deal and absolutely love the boat.

In Feb i bought a 929 Nitro on Ebay and love it...but I struck a deal with the guy on the phone and then went an looked @ it inperson...No way I buy a big ticket item without a personal look see... Just my .02 worth Oh yea it was only 5 hours drive for me to see it.

RW

I talked with the owner. Boat is in great shape, but his reserve price was more than I wanted to try and steal it for ;)

Another year in the Tracker is ok with me :D

My boat insurance company will not insure an Allison, Gambler and a couple of other rigs...

Check with yours next time you get interested in one...

Back