Best prop for Targa v18 with 150 Merc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 55360

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a better prop. I have a Targa V18 with a Merc 150xl on it. Since buying it 2022 I have had two bad props that Merc has warrantied and I am hoping that the latest one takes care of the problem. This issue has been that the prop keeps loosening up which was causing a vibration. I am currently running a Merc Enertia 14.6x19 SS which calls for the flo torq ssr hub kit. That hub kit on that prop doesn't allow the prop to tighten all the way. It leaves approximately 1/8 inch play not only front to back but also side to side which according to Merc is acceptable. I have had three different techs including two factory techs say that side to side is no good. The last tech threw a different Merc prop on which tightened right up with no play with the ssr hub kit. My question is to you all is that I am wondering if some of you have the same issue with the Enertia and also are any of you running a different prop and if so which one and how does it perform. I already went to the Merc prop selector and checked out those suggestions.

Back