Best fishfinder for $200.00

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
I know I'm probably opening up a can of worms but I have $250.00 worth of gift certs to blow at Gander Mountain. I have a humminbird pmax20 on the bow that I would like to upgrade, any suggestions?

yup. buy yourself a shotgun at gander and hold the place up. take the one fishfinder they have in stock and hope for a clean get away...good luck with the vexilar...

bwaahaahahaha

Bargain... hmmmm

I would look at the "bargain bin/table" and/or ask a sales rep in the store. I know they non-current stuff that still works great. If you can live with B&W try some of the lower priced Eagles... Or in color a Garmin 160C.... BTW, my friend landed a Lowrance 102C for $350... What do you have on the console... maybe an upgrade there and a shift...

Some of the Bottom Line units are going out the door "cheap"....

They seem to have a good selection of brands (Humminbird, Eagle, Garmin, Lowrance, etc...) it's no BPS but not bad in my area. They had about 8 different ones on clearance. I'm looking at the Humminbird Matrix 17 or 535 around $200 (2400 watts, says it can track a small jig down to 40 feet) or a Garmin 250c on clearance for $250.

I have a Lowrance x37 on the console. I like it but was hoping to get something a little better on the front.

the term fishfinder is none existant in that price range, a depth finder though, can't go wrong with any really, just go to the stores and look and play

I have used several units in the Matrix line and highly recommend them. Great detail, plenty of watts and upgradeable with GPS and or weather senser.

Rich D

Thanks everyone. I like the looks of the Matrix. Dualbeam transducer, upgradeable with a laptop, plenty of add ons. I would use it more for structure than actual fish.

Mike why wouldn't the Matrix 17 be good for finding fish? It seems if it can track a small jig down to 40 feet, I would think it would show a 5 pound bass or a large walleye? The watt output seems to be up there with the $500 fishfinders, same with the screen resolution.

GM has a Matrix 67 combo (with GPS) on sale for $299. I think that ia the one I'm going to purchase.

I like my Eagle Fishmark 480. They're $199 at BPS and I see them on sale for $189 fairly often.

Harpo

Back