Best Boat Wax

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Cornett

Reaction score
Waxing my new boat for the first time and was looking for opinions on the best wax to use. I plan on using an orbital buffer also. Any input is appreciated.

If its a fiberglass boat I suggest usin a wax called Pro tec for normal waxing. Stuff is great and its about 10 bucks a bottle. Also another good product for a quick waxing is made by Kick N Bass. All you do is spray it on and wipe it off.

Rob L

got to second the Kick N Bass "clean and shine"... it's great for quick wipedowns and does contain a carnuba wax...

For a more "serious" wax job, I would stick with Meguires.

I use the 303 protectent on all the vynl.

3M fiberglass restorer and wax if you have any oxidation, regular 3M boat wax if you don't. I use Mothers Cleaner wax in between but it doesn't sty on long in the sun. Mothers Back to black on the dash, vinyl and tires and also 303 for all around.

Remember to treat those trailer tires. Best way to avoid premature seperation and cracking. I ALWAYS treat the tires and I have NEVER had one crack or seperate!!

TOXIC

Back