Best Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
Well, my old canvas boat cover that came free with the free boat from my father-in-law has finally bit the dust. The past two years I only used it by itself in the summer and then put a tarp over it for winter storage, but when I uncovered it today...I'm said that it has taken until today to uncover it...the cover had disinegrated. So, I need a new cover for my 16 ft. deep-v fish and ski style boat. I'm not looking to spend a fortune and it doesn't need to be trailerable, but I do want something to keep the weather out in the summer and help in the winter (I'll probably still double tarp it in the winter).

So, do you guys have any suggestions? Any thing good from BPS or Cabelas or Wal Mart?

I've used covers from both Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas. I just bought one from Bass Pro - think it's called a "Hurricane Cover". Very well built and designed. Before that, I had ordered one for my old boat from Cabellas. Also very good constuction - sorry I can't remember the name of that one.

Glenn

Thanks for the response. Also, does anyone have any preferences when it comes to canvas or a poly/nylon type of cover?

if it sets outside most of the time the canvas will water soak and get into the inside of your boat whareas the poly blend will shed the water

JD

Poly. Definitely. My first cover, back in '94 was awesome - Canvas, custom made by Arora, perfect fit, reenforced, etc... HOWEVER, it was over $600, HEAVY as all heck, and like JD said above, if I let it sit for a while with water on it, like during a heavy downpour for lasts for more than a day, then I would get water in the boat. I was constantly having to spray it with waterproofing spray, and that still didn't keep the water from seeping through during heavy downpours. Since then, I have bought nothing but lightweight, waterproof Poly. The best ones have heavy double re-enforcments at each of the straps, and where the windshield and trolling motors go.

Glenn

Back