Best boat cover PT 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
Hello all, I just bought a 2005 PT 175. It didn't come with a boat cover so now I need one. Anyone had experience good or bad with a certain boat cover? I see Bass Pro Shops has a custom cover for a PT 175 but it does not have a motor hood. I would think I want to cover the motor as it will be stored outside in the summer.

go to dowco-inc.com

Its the place tracker gets there covers from. I just ordered a new one for my Avalanche, and it came from them, they wont sell direct to you, but thats where tracker gets them from. Cant beat custom, made covers. They make them one at a time as they are ordered. I tried an off brand "Generic" type cover once-Never again, you get what ya pay for !!!

Paul, I boought the custom cover from bass pro... while I love that cover, I recently noticed that Cabela's also sells a custom cover for the PT175s... for significantly less... It too however does not include a motor cover on it however...

I just bought a cheap Atwood cover for the motor. The BPS cover however is extremely durable and easy to work with... Either way I don't think you will be disappointed... Unless the crying of your wallet bothers you... LOL...

tight Lines,

Bill

I used a BPS custom cover with my PT 175 and it worked perfectly for trailering etc. I is a great cover and I also just goat a generic engine cover.

Da Bear

I have the Tracker custom cover for my 175, have travelled to KY and back, used it for outside storage at the dealer and on trips, no problems and keeps tight while going 65 mph down the highway. On the Motor cover, i'd just get one and put it over the motor if it's sitting outside.

Trep

I have the BPS custom cover for my pt185 & it is a great fit. It did not state it came with a motor cowl cover however when it arrived there was a generic cover in the box.

That being said I wanted greater protection for the motor so I bought a custom cover for it. Check out the link below. I have one of their covers & it is great. You can tow with it, use it just for storage, or zip off the lower half and use it just as a cowl cover. This is not the cheapest solution however I figure my motor is almost the most expensive part of my boat.

Dennis

http://www.outboardmotorcovers.com/

I have a pro 165 with a custom boat cover from tracker and I have never had any trouble with it. My boat is stored outdoors so I bought the best I could it also comes with a 3 year warranty

I have a pro 165 and I bought a tracker cover it comes with a 3 year warranty. It did not come with a motor cover but I bought one at bps. I take trips with it and never had any trouble with it its just over a year old.

You guys talking about motor covers got me to thinking about this cover I remembered someone posting here. Pretty sharp, huh? It took me awhile to find this, I couldn't remember who posted it. I had to steal it from Kraig's picture album but I'm sure he won't mind. I don't know where he got it but if you e him I'm sure he'll give you the 411.

Harpo
motorcover.jpg

OK I can see the cover the boat - keep carpet/seats dry, clean and not rotten/sun backed, but why cover the top part of the motor??

Looking at the Cabela's Bass/Panfish 2005 catalog right now, and on pg 185 they have covers for Tracker boats and it says it comes w/engine cover. Their price is much better than BPS's. Gonna have to get one that is trailerable. Currently I'm using a cover bought at WalMart to protect the boat while sitting outside. It's done it's job, even during the winter, but I also bought one of those support poles which assited greatly when we had snow this past winter.

Back