Berkley BUYS Stren

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be a big fan of Stren when I was younger and didn't know any better:) But, I've learned the hard way that there's aton out there with much better quailities like virtually NO MEMORY! Which has always been one of my biggest peeves...I'll scarifice if I have to but, not for memory!!!

Memory sucks! LOL

TEE

I read that on Bass fan yesterday....very interesting.

I've chosen Trilene over Stren for years. I'm glad the purchase didn't go the other way.

I think Stren was better back when they were owned by DuPont. In recent years they've gone down hill in quality.

I'll admit though, I've been contemplating trying the new Super Braid based on the awards from ICAST.

Got me some of the NEW CajunRed EZ Cast and the SuperMono EZ to test this Spring...both seem great but, time will tell. I'll report back after I put em' to the test with a big ol' bronzeback! :)

TEE

I never liked Stren because of the "memory" too......I used Trilene for years and now I use BPS Signature series...that's GOOD stuff!!!

I bought a big spool of the XPS Series line and it was fair but, not the best. For clear water a smallies I've used the 8 lb. SuperMono in clear for years and have really good luck with it..have you tried it Mac?

TEE

Trline is by far the best mono-line I have ever used compared to Stren and Dupont Stren.

T.S.

thats about all i use is stren and yes i think the dupont stren were the better years for them but i have noticed that the quality was coming back. Does bass pro make thier excel line or did they get it from stren.I've heard this for years and would like to know,i have tried excel and like it and was going to switch to that but depends if its from stren with a different box.I like the low memory that stren and excel and trilene has and looks like i may have to switch to trilene. I too want to try out that cajun red.

steve ><}}}}'>

Ditto on wanting to try Cajun Red....i always heard that Excel was the same as Trilene XL...thus the reseblence in names...Excel/XL....whoever makes it Excel is a great deal for the money

??? O.K. pmgoffjr...if it ain't no good to tie a garbage bag...let's here it... What do you use? I'll put Supermono up against ANY mono for strentgth...wanna' race? :)

TEE

You talkin' Oldham..the same guy that's responsible for the Oldhams "screw lock" jigs for tubes? I have to admit I have not tried the Maxima but, have tried the Ande and didn't like it...didn't seem to have good abrasion resistance.

To be honest..Trilene is not one of my favorites EXCEPT anything below 6 lb. test...I use 6 and 4 alot for crappy and finesse walleye fishin' with live bait.

BTW...I thought you registered your name here? :)

TEE

Yep the clear is about all I buy in anything..unless the water's dirty. I really like those screw lock jigs...work well on Erie. I had no idea he was one and the same.

TEE

Back