Bent trolling motor shaft

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Schram

Reaction score
Bent my trolling motor shagt yesterday during a tournament, has anyone here ever replaced the shaft and how hard was it?

thanks for the help in advance!!

Took mine apart...(wasn't bent real bad)...drove over to a muffler shop and they straightened it out for me for $15.00 and ten minutes...

I turned mine over and stomped on it! LOL (I think

maybe you oughta go with Gregs idea (a very good one.)

Bill

Bent mine bad one time! Had to have it replaced for around $100.00. Saved the house boat trip and was worth the Money. Took about Three hours for the dealer to get it done. Greg has the way to go if that will work. Mort

Yeah but...the only fall-out from the muffler shop repair of my trolling motor is that now...every time I step on the pedal...it makes a "putt-putt-putt" sound...those muffler guys...LOL

Thanks for the Info, i decided to tackle the project myself, I got it apart and ordered all the parts direct from Motor Guide today, Parts with Shipping was only $90.00, I was very surprised at this.

again thanks!!!!!!!

P.S. I kept the old shafts might take them to a muffler shop like suggested and keep them for spares

Latest posts

Back