Bent Prop Shaft ?!?@?#?!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S

Reaction score
Well after spinning the hub last weekend, I noticed a slight wobble in my prop shaft, it didnt seem to effect the way the boat ran so I didnt notice it until I got home and checked eveything over, the dealer says they cant straighten it because it a machine fitted part, but I have another guy that says he can straighten it , the cost difference is about $450 , $350 out the door for getting the old one fixed and about $800 for getting a full replacement. what I need to know is which guy is yanking my chain? can the shaft be straightend without causing problems down the road or is the dealer right and I need to just bite the bullet and replace it......

I would opt for the full replacement. If you get the old one bent back the metal will be weaker and more prone to bending again and possibly breakage. I went thru the same dilema with my old evinrude. I could have had my father bend the shaft back to mormal for free in his machine shop but i opted to get it replaced and know i would have no problems in the future.

one thing you may want to think about is putting in an insurance claim on this. If you hit something they should cover the shaft and the prop( repair or new its its ruined)less whatever your deductable is.

its gonna be tough getting a re-manufactured one for a 2005 200 EFI, but I'll give blackbird a call anyway, it never hurts to ask, thanks.

What's your deductable on your insurance.I bought my shaft last year and it ran around 360.00

my deductable is higher than what it would cost to replace

Back