Bennett trim tabs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom zimmer

Reaction score
Has anyone used Bennett trim tabs on their bass boat? A friend has them on his 18' runabout and swears by them. He said they level off the boat if the weight in the boat is uneven and helps bringing the front of the boat down fast on hole shots. I looked up their web sit, sounds very interesting, but I've never known anyone with a bass boat to mention them. Would welcome your input.

tom

I've only seen one bass boat with them on; can't remember the model. I never asked how they worked, so I cna't help you there. Most of the bigger bass boats I've seen get up and start slapping waves pretty durn quickly without them. There are times my 18-foot boat drags to get on plane, mostly with a full tank of gas, so i guess it would be a candidate for such tabs. However, the time lost to slow planing is not that important to me to spend the dough.

If you fish shallow water frequently and need to pop up faster without as much tail hunker, they come in handy. Most properly rigged bass boat hulls do not need them, other than continuous shallow water applications. (i.e.: flats, marshes, etc.) I had a buddy with a 22' Storm that fished with us regularly on Okeechobee and his tabs allowed him into/out of places I didn't dare attempt. FWIW

Latest posts

Back