Be Alert

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
The rut is beginning in my part of the country. I saw 6, that's right 6 dead deer on the way in this morning. I travel the backroads to the lake so you can bet tomorrow at 5am there is going to be one brand new Chevy truck that will be constantly beeping its horn on the way (I know where they like to cross). I have had them hit the side of the explorer, I even had my boat trailer up on 2 wheels swerving to miss 4 or 5 in the road. So far, no direct hits but that is because I am constantly scanning the sides of the road. I can't tell you how many times I have had to come to a stop!! Be alert!!

TOXIC

Tox, agree 100% and thanks for the reminder, my club is traveling in the wee hours of the mornin thru some country roads, I will remind them, theres like heards of them now by me.

We're picking corn here in Iowa and the Interstate looks like a slaughter house. My daughter scored one with her Geo Prism last week. She said it had "five pointy thingys on one horn" and it left a big dent on the fender and snot on her window. Got off the car jumped a fence and ran off. She was stopped at a stop sign. The good news is now her left front fender and the right one match.

fatrap

Same around here Tox.. I rarely drive to work lately without seeing at least one and I drive all of 4 miles..

Bill

I wish I had that problem. I will heading out later today to our deer lease for 4 days of hunting and there is a good chance I won't see a single deer.....LOL

Oh well I would rather be hunting than sitting in this office.

Have a good one,

Wolf

There are everywhere up here now too. I saw two on the ride into work that were in the road. I learned the hard way years ago to be watchfull of them this time of the year. I smacked one with my 4 week old blazer that i hadent even made a payment on yet, 6k worth of damage. Needless to say i wasnt a happy camper.

GEEEZ!!!...and to think that Cicero has 8 at one time under his tree stand and can't hit one!!! LMAO!!!

They are like rats where I live, a cow catcher would sure be handy.

I saw a nice 8-point chasing a doe here at the plant (no hunting) wednesday...he only had one thing on his mind and me driving close to him wasn't it!

They're probably as close to tame as you can get with 650 acres of no hunting, patrolled by guys with machine guns, barbed-wire fenced in property to roam on!!!

az

Unfortunately, my family and I knocked off a 10-12 point buck last week with the Suburban. Everyone was ok, but estimate is up to $6000. Insurance will cover most but the deductible eats up the money I had ear-marked for a new trolling motor on my PT175. We dodge 6-10 deer a year living in the country so I guess it was only a matter of time before one bounced off the grill.

Back