BayStar Hydraulic on a TF175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huck Palmatier

Reaction score
My dual rack is showing it's age and is getting pretty stiff....advertised for up to 150HP (not recommended for a 150 OptiMax) and alot cheaper than the SeaStar. Thinking it'll be OK for my GT150 on my little 17'8". Rarely do I see 55mph on the rivers around here, so I just wanted to solicit your opinions. s/Huck

Dude the hydraulic is a dream when it's working right, but when it ain't, you'd have a better time passing a kidney stone the size of a television.

I got "wet" steering in May, since then I have gone through three hydraulic pumps and my boat has been in the shop six times with so much time off the water I can't count it. (I've got a Merc. 150) However, I have been in contact with teleflex and they have assured me the problem will be taken care of, even if they have to send a rep. down here from British Columbia down here to Lake City Florida to fix it.

Of course I have that kind of luck... I would venture to say that things would be a little better for you.

Back