Battery chargers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Butler

Reaction score
i just purchasrd a new minn kota maxium trolling motor,24 volt system. looking for some help as to what size on board charger i would need. All the 2 bank 3 bank etc. is all greek to me. I would appreciate any help or guidance i can get . Thanks in advance

Dave

Im not an expert but I do know that a 2bank charges your 2 trolling moter bat 3bank charges both trolling and starting batt. that is how they are usualy set up

J

PS there is agirl named Sue who works for guest charger she should know all you want to knowD

I would get a 3 bank just to make sure the starting battery is always charged as well. Hmw much amperage depends on use. If you fish tournaments and need a quick charge a 10 or 15 amp is a must. If you are a weekend fisherman that doesnt need the super quick charge a 5 amp should do the trick. Do youself a favor and get a Guest charger, they are the best. They are super reliable and charge the batteries well. My Guest 2631 has never let me down is the 5 years i have had it. For sure a Guest charger is a purchace you will never regret.

You might want to get in touch with Sue D, she should be able to suggest the perfect Guest charger for your application.

Back