BassPro Nitro Support

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Brown

Reaction score
Bought a Nitro 882 in April 2005 from Boat City USA.

Pearl, MS Bass Pro Store opened in 12/2005.

Waited for one hour and gave up on talking to Marine representative about warranty work and modifications to boat. Was given business card and asked to phone. Understand that this is a "new" store location so I'm asking can/will the BP Location address:

1) Skeeg Repair (Oops - Left motor down pulling out)

2) Installation of Keel Guard

3) And such.

Question is more specifically: What can I expect out of a BP Dealer?

Was told "we'll do anything". Not very confident - to me - anyway.

Thanks for any responses!

The skeg repair and keel protector certainly can be done wherever you like.

The "and such" needs some clarification.

You mentioned "warranty work", niether of the first two items on your list seem to be warranty covered items. But, thats not to say you shouldn't be offered good service.

I bought my Nitro from a Tracker dealer in Lynwood Illinois. Not a BassPro store. I get the feeling that you have better luck and experiences with dealerships that are not attached to a BassPro store. I don't know why, I just suspect that. I've had no problems with my dealer and I did have some warranty work done once. Of course, I wouldn't be trying to get a dragged skeg to be covered under a warranty repair. I suggest you buy a replacement skeg online from Bob's marine or something like that and bring it to a local welding shop and have them do the repair for you. If you just ground off a bit off the bottom I wouldn't even bother with it until you damage it more further down the road. If you're somewhat new as a boat owner/operator, things will happen from time to time until you learn a more efficient way of how to not damage your stuff. It's just part of the whole boating experience. Take good care of your boat and its components. Don't lack on the maintenance and don't be afraid to be a little extra careful when pulling up to the dock. I've had my 750 for 3 years now and it still has a bit of a new feeling to me. I'd really like to get a 901 or an 896. But for now, this one will do fine for a couple more years. Anyway, good luck. Enjoy the 882. Nice boat.

Thanks to all that have responded.

My gut feeling is to avoid the BassPro for work on my boat.

I wasn't considering the skeg damage for warranty work and as a new boat (better stated - an expensive boat owner), I'm just looking for an all-round place to entrust boat work to.

Enjoy reading all posts and am glad I found this website.

Greg

many bad expeiences at BPS with my new nitro, not the mnost compitant people in the world.....go to a certified dealer not the BPS.

Greg

I would recommend checking the Nitro website and see if there are any other Nitro dealers near you that are not affiliated with BPS.

From my personal experiences at one BPS in Michigan..... stay away from them. I've heard positive experiences about them but 10 times more bad ones. 4 out of 4 for bad me. All my experiences with smaller dealers (Tracker & Merc) have been great. Seems all BPS cares about prepping boats after a sale and winterizing. I couldn't even get 5 minutes of their time and pictures of my hull for Tracker corporate warrany dept. because my boat is a team boat and came from the factory, not them. Wanted me to leave the boat for weeks for 2 pictures. Big box store, nasty attitude. Contacted a private dealer and NO PROBLEM. For my efforts, I did get several nasty e-mails from the BPS sales manager expressing how I was not "THEIR" customer, even though I did buy a brand new 2002 from them 3 years earlier and still own it. That boat has found a new private service center also.

Don't let my statements stereotype all BPS dealers. I'm sure there are a few exceptional ones out there, but be careful. Just as you should at any dealer/service center anyways.

Back