Bassin'Fool......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
I was reading back thru your thread on your boat and I definitely feel your pain!:angry:

Do me a favor...stay on em' like stink on pooh like Pat advised and they'll have to confess!;)

To all you guys considering buying any aluminum boat...take someone with you that is an experienced welder or has good knowledge if you don't. I've seen some real shoddy weld jobs out there especially from Tracker.

I seen a 190 at BPS Cinci that I would not own or have in my showroom...a real shame:(

Let me add this...if you want to see what a beautiful weld job should look like on an aluminum rig...come see mine...you won't see one better including some of the Express rigs I've seen...it's all in the welder.

My welds were excellent Tee. At the Tracker factory I believe the welds are all done robotically. So little chance for human error. I'm sure there's some spot welding that goes on inside the support/ bracing system iside the hull but the main welds are machine. ;)

I looked at an one on display last year at the BPS at Arundle Mills and could not beleave how poor some of the weld where. Even done by a machine if the fit is not there the finish won't be there either...

BF

P.S I may be to picky though, working QC on the B1B one of my task was visual inspections of welds.

I have a 1650 X-press that i duck hunt and frog hunt out of...it has a Go Devil cajun outboard on it and I can assure u it has seen the very worst we have to offer in Louisiana. It is the absolute best boat i have ever seen. We jump stumps in it weekly and it has never leaked a drop. Great boats if looking for a tin boat.

RW

my first tracker had bad welds all over it, my g3 has perfect welds on it, i could not be happier, unless it had a 200 on the back.

mike

Let me tell ya as a CNC mechanic I deal with robotics all the time. Most are controlled by 24 DC Volts and that controls a 220 Volt drive motor. Just one little power spike can cause some bad products

I saw the PT190 at the boat show this past weekend. Definitely like the PT185 better!

Bryan

Back