BassCat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Kern

Reaction score
I would like to get everyone's opinion on the BassCat boat line. Pro and Con. I would like to hear from everyone that has any info. on this line of boats.

I owned a Basscat Pantera classic. Very pleased with it. Fast boats, great quality. Customer service is outstanding. One of the owners answers questions on their web site. I hope to own another someday, you won't be disappointed.

I hear they are great boats and excellent customer service. I decided not to go with Basscat due to a couple reasons.

1) They have almost no dealerships in the South East ( I am in FLA )

2) In compairing features, construction, and price to Skeeter and Triton ( the other 2 lines on my short list )

I felt Triton was a much better value for the dollar. And having owned a 2001 Triton, I was familiar with the quality and ride. Also I have several local Triton dealerships in my area.

Go over to BASSCAT.COM, they have a message board were you can plenty of real good feedback on the line. Also I believe PM now sells Cats, so maybe he can help, as he still posts here and on the BFHP Web site.

BassCat makes a great boat and their service is second to none!

I've been in my Sabre (135 Optimax) since March 2001 and not a problem yet (And I use it alot). If I could do it all over again, I'd buy bigger (Pantera Classic w/200 Optimax). It would've fit in my garage and it has some dry storage in the back of the boat. Also, I'd be able to cruise around at 55-60 mph without running a WOT! Oh well, live and learn, ha.

As far as pricing goes, back then I could have had a Triton 186 w/150 Optimax for about the same price or a Ranger R81 w/150 Optimax for another 7-8 grand and it wouldn't have fit in my garage due to them not having a swing-away tongue at that time. (The R71 was in the price range but it was a 17 footer and the biggest motor you could get on it here in Ca. was 115 4-sroke, they didn't make the 115 Optimax yet)

I chose the BassCat because I spent some time asking questions about boats all over the internet and I never got one negative response about BassCat. Every other brand had people that had problems with that brand for one reason or the other (negative responses). But how much can you believe on the internet?? Well, about four years later and I still believe BassCat is the best bass boat money can buy and would buy another if I could convince the better half I need a BIGGER boat, ha!

Good luck,

Tom(fishfafun)

Tom Mac,

I was just checking out Bass Cat's website. I like the storage and layout of the Pantera IV and it would fit my garage nicely too!! I submitted a request for a catalog and dealer info. Are there any dealers in your area?

Bob G.

I saw Pat's post about the Bass Cat deals, but I'm not buying now. Just looking around so that when the time comes (ie. MONEY), I'll know where to spend it!! I always like to have a plan for future spending, even if it's half-a$$! We have very few dealers in our area and that may be the deciding factor.

Bob G.

I own a 2004 Pantera Classic which is for sale (20k). The factory support has been nothing short of fantastic.

I personally believe they are over-hyped by some of the pro-staffers on BFHP. I think that's a factor of the person, not the boat.

I would gladly own another one if I were ever to get another boat.

Every problem I've had has been taken care of quickly and professionally. I have nothing negative to say about the brand as a whole. There are things I'd change if I could, but I don't know of any boat out there that I wouldn't try to change something on.

Back