Bass Show

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brooks

Reaction score
Went to the show in Timonium MD last night and was very disapointed. About 1/2 the size as last year and very few tackle vendors. You may want to re-think going.

I'd venture to say NONE of the Boat/Fishing Shows will be worth two dead flies this year.

I will be at the Bass Expo on the 15th in Richmond, VA. Dean Rojas, VanDam and others to be there. I looked at the vendor list and it appears to have a lot of tackle dealers. I have no choice since we are vendors but it does look better.

TOXIC

heard ads for two local shows (not fishing specific but "outdoors") both are advertizing that tickets are half last year's price

You'd think it would be free due to the economy:unsure:

Tox

Which booth will you be at? I'm thinking about coming down with a couple of friends on Saturday, I'll look you up if we make it.

Steve

Outdoor Action booth, Ususlly straight in from the entrance in the main building facing Mare Marine (to the right of Mare as you face the back). That's where they normally put us.

TOXIC

They canceled the boat show in Omaha this year. We're having our own boat show at Bass Pro Council Bluffs. Some of the boats are outside under a tent. It's going to be nine degrees out there mmmmh bet that gets a lot of people standing around.:)

fatrap

Yeah, TEE it irritates the heck out of me to pay to park and pay admission to a show where the intent is to sell you something. But the reality is most show vendors could not afford to display (other than the bigguns) if they had to pay the host facility out of pocket. I suspect the real reason the tickets were half price was not that the vendors coughed up some bucks, but the Convention centers lowered their price rather than stare at an empty hall.

I think they are all going to be pretty slim for a few years until the economy picks up and folks can afford to even look, much less buy anything. It's all cheaper on-line anyway.:)

I saw an ad for the Timonium Boat Show for the first time earlier tonight and told Nancy maybe we should go this weekend.

So thanks Bill!:rolleyes: You saved me a trip and a sore back!:eek:

Uncle Billy

Well I heard that Timonium was going to be a bust this year, they said they reduced it to just 2 buildings. Reliegh NC wasn't much better, crowds were low and most people kept their hands in their pockets!!:(

Hopefully Richmond will be better this weekend.

Latest posts

Back