Bass Pro Spring Classic Ad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am in need of an extra bait casting reel. Which reel in the ad is the best one for the price with the reel trade in. I saw on March 14th they will have a nice Daiwa Megaforce reel on sale from $99 to $59. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Not sure my budget is ready for the trip to Bass Pro this weekend. :p My first tournament is March 13th so it's time to stock up!

Teri,

I asked this question last year. I was steered to BPS reels... Pro Qualifiers and Extremes. I have five Extremes and three Pro Qualifiers. I am very happy with them, very!

I have extremes, pro qualifers and clunns, clunns are my favorite, the time you told me about them being on clarance I bought a bunch, Ive been fishing the clunns hard for quite a few years and love them. I also have three johnny morriss spining and I like them to. the big spool seems to stop the line twist I got on other spinning reels. I fish them pretty hard to. three of my buddies are switching to them also

My Rick Clunn Baitcaster is my favorite of all time. Nothing wrong with the BAss Pro Line of reels.I would take one anyday

I saw the Bass Pro Carbon Lite reels are on sale. I recently bought one of their rods so I was thinking about trying the reel to go with it. I might check out the Rick Clunns too. I have a few Johnny Morris and Browning reels but dont like them as much as Shimano.

I have an Extreme and a Pro Qualifier and love them both. I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

I agree that the Carbon Lites look like great reels BUT I went to the local BPS here in MI and they're out of stock and would not backorder or rain check at the advertised price. When I got home I also called 2 more BPS's 1 in Ohio and 1 in Indy and no luck there either...

-Justin

Teri

The BPS reels are a good bargin.

Frayed Knot...next time ask the associate to check the other stores to see if they have any. We have close to 50 stores and it's a simple matter of checking the computer and calling the store that has one and asking them to do a store to store transfer. I have done this many times in the hunting department. It's sad that the associated didn't do this automatically. I've done this for something as small as a coyote wounded rabbit call.

fatrap

Teri,

Have you cleaned and lubed your reels lately???

Good deal on those..I really do like my browning for burning those baits across the top....

Yes Mini,Re-wound some to..Been looking for C111's baits he wants,Found a few.. It's been a long winter and It's far from over..Looks like some warmer weather for a few days..You guy's up there In Mich have had a mild one this year....

JR

I have 3 Extreme reels, 1 Johnny Morris, 1 Pro Qualifier, and I love the extreme reels for the money but the PQ reel I just bought is some nice.

I have been using primarily Pro Qualifiers for about 5 years. I really like them. Very good quality for the price. Since I bought them the PQ's have gone up in price (I hang out with Trepper too much, and some of his 'traits' have rubbed off on me - they have to be on sale for me to buy them!!!); but they are very nice reals.

I need to upgrade my spinning reels, but may be later this year or next before I do that.

Tex

no, mini i haven't cleaned them recently. i need to make time to do that....and remember how to do that...:)

That Daiwa is a good deal at that pricepoint. You may want to call ahead and check stock level prior to the drive. They'll move at that price. ;)

dicks sporting goods has the daiwa twicher reel on sale now for $59

looked like the same one bass pro is gonna have on sale on the 14th

Dang I work hard for a long week, and Tex and Mac take shots at me!! Glad to know I was missed!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back