Bass or pig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron cooley

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some pics of my 14" northern bass feeding. I have kept bass in my house for about the last 30 years. This latest Northern I have had for 6 months and all he does is eat. I feed him a dozen 3" goldfish every 4 days. If I feed him more than that, he kills what he can't eat. The funny thing is he will swallow the first 3 or 4 and then fills his mouth with 3 or 4 more while still chassing the rest down.
IMG_1558.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG

How many gallons is your tank? Do you have issues if the water gets to hot in the summer?

This is a pure Northern strain largemouth not a Florida. Much slower growing bass. The lake that it came from, (Lake Piru), has absolutely no Florida strain bass. The tank is a 140gal. I have had a couple of hot summers where the water reached 70deg-75deg and the fish get a little sluggish. When it's to hot, I float a 1/2 gallon milk carton of frozen water which drops the temp about 10 deg. The biggest problem with the warm water is alge. With a good filter and good oxygen it's not a problem.

That makes sense. I'm from MN, so I guess...northern bass are just bass to me. Just like french fries are just fries in France :)

Back