Bass in Washington DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Good morning,

Hey, I have a question.... What's the basic time frame for a good bass bite in the DC area? Ive been doing this a long time, but I am a bit puzzled this year. I guess I never really got started bassin until mid May before, because I CANT CATCH A BASS TO SAVE MY LIFE this year ;-(

What is the general time frame for a spawn in DC? Do they usualy bite during spawn? Before? After????????

Looking to milk some knowledge here. I'm getting pretty frustrated....

Thanks in advance....

WW,

Theya re biting now, and on the way to spawn. Not quite the water temp and the moon pahse yet, but the nice WX the next few days may make that happen.

What are you using? Where are you fishing at?

I am going out in a little while, you want to go???

Local lakes and ponds mostly. Piney Run, Potomac (Reileys Lock), community ponds, Little Seneca lake (black hills) etc..... (all from the shore)

Trowing EVERYTHING at them. Nothing.....

WW,

Went out today, caught so many bass I lost count. Outgoing tide all afternoon. They were on wood early, then I moved to rocks. Caught them on Excalibur Crankbait, Senko's (watermelon/green ones) and also junebug Jacks Worms.

Was in Aquia, and Choposmasic Creek.

Talked to a guy on shore at Quantico, he pulled an 8ler out of there and his buddy got a 6er from there also.

Back