Basement water mitigation system

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever had one of those basement water proofing systems installed in there house? They are much more expensive than a sump pump, but I was told it's the best thing to do if I have water getting in my basement from under it not the walls. any suggestions?

The water is ice cold and crystal clear, and it won't stop coming in the house since Saturday with all the rain.

Why fix it??? Sounds like perfect water for Rainbow Trout!!

Seriously, I have a sump pump about 20-24" below my basement floor, with a channel 3" deep around the walls leading into it. It works great the few times we had extreme rain/flooding.

My mother in law just spent $4000 for the waterproofers to come in and dig a trench all around the inside walls of the basement. They put an additional sump pump in and ran plastic pipe in the the trench. Then laid concrete over the whole thing. She is now dry for the first time in years. But! what a mess concrete dust, mold, and junk floating every where and the smell. She has a written gaurentee( yeah right) they will fix it for free if they screwed up.

fatrap

Chris I was just having an afterthought. With that nice clean water you get buy some grow lights and.....naw forget it.

Fatrap,

That's about 2/3 of the quote I got, maybe because of the size of the basement? This would include, two pumps and battery backups, HMM, I may have extra TM batts if I ever need them! LOL.

The one major question I have is, does it work?

If yes I'd be willing to give up my right arm at this point to never have to deal with this again.

Chris

My mother in law hasn't had one problem since. Before she had the sump running six or seven times a day. Her house is in a low area next to a creek and the ground water is high. Over the years the basement settled so middle was high and both ends low. There was months on end where something was damp. As it was a finished basement it was always a mess. She recently bought new carpet to lay down there as it is totally dry now. The pumps do run almost everyday though. The contractor has been back twice to check up on the job. He also recommended a company that will clean the mould and dust from the ducts.

fatrap

Fatrap,

Looks like I have to suck it up and spend the money on this system. Signed up to get it done next week. It's expensive, but can't handle another flooded basement. Especially when the water just keeps coming in for three days. In any event it will help me sell the house if and when I decide.

Chris

Back