Bad luck...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Well today at football practice we did some tackling drills. First of all i have a cold or allergies right now...so i'm a little under the weather but now back to the story.

We get partners about our size/speed to practice tackling... Its me and my partners turn...i'm doing the tackling and my partner has the ball.

The drill is conducted with two lines about 10 yards apart. to one side there is dummies laid down in three rows. the runner can decide which 'lane' he wants to go down.

well anyway we're up and he picks the second lane and i'm right there to tackle him. i had really bad form and i jammed my shoulder real bad...i did knock him down at least...

Well the bad news is its my right shoulder/arm...also my casting arm.....my coach told me to not use it much. we have a scrimmage tomorrow and if it still hurts i'm not allowed to play....heres the prob...

I'm supposed to fish a jackpot tourney tonight and i have a club tourny coming up...i don't have time for a hurt shoulder...

plus both my ankles really hurt from all the extra work they've been put through and my left knee started to be a little sore towards the end of practice....

bottom line...i don't give a rip about what coach says...well ya i do...but i'm going to my tourny tonight...just hope this aint something serious...lol

BJ

If it is a just a sore shoulder just put one of those icy hot pads on it....I know you must have seen those commercial with Shaq from the LA Lakers promoting them. You will be ok....sometimes the best way to work out the soreness is to work out your shoulder and not to let it get stiff so the fishing may help...the other thing is if you fish you better be in practice the next day. Don't wose out and say your shoulder is hurting.

Just use your short rod and cast underhanded. That way you're using your wrist more than anything else. You could even tape your upper arm to your side to immobilize it. Just don't fall in!! :-()

I think I'm remembering exactly why I quit football in the 10th grade.

Harpo

I think Jimbob was right.

I fished the tourny tonight and it seems to be a lil better....i think it just needed to be worked a little.

It still hurts but i'll be just fine.

Yeah the my coach is a big bass fisherman and i had him for driver's ed in 9th grade. He always asks me about fishing and stuff..i can see it now..yeah coach my shoulder hurts too bad to play/practice today. But i did fish my tourny last night....

BJ

Back