Back Home

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I just got in a little while ago from Table Rock. It was cool. I'll post all the details when I have time.

But heres the highpoints...

I learned to Carolina Rig

I also learned to drop shot to some degree.

Deep water no longer scares me...

BJ

Ok.....

Our trip was excellant! I spent most of my time in Long Creek/the Dam area. Mostly because that is where my boat was docked. We caught a few fish around the Highway 86 bridge pilings and a few fish out on points. I also had a few bites on topwater baits early in the morning. Also one morning I found a few trees anywhere from 10 to 15 feet of water. I pulled out a dropshot just to mess around with it. I started fishing with it. It didnt take long to get bit. I caught ten or so in a matter of a few minutes. About 5 bass and 5 blue gill. Biggest bass was probably 7 or 8 inches long...but still fun to say the least. I have a little more confidence in the dropshot and once i mess around with it more and catch a couple more keepers on it, i'll probably love it.

On thursday we loaded up the boat and droved up to the James River. I ran way up in the river to some shallow water areas and began catching a lot of short fish. We aslo fished a few docks right by the boat ramp that morning and caught short fish. Around 12 I ran back down in the river to a flat that has a large hump on it. I only know about this hump becasue I was watching Stacey Kings carolina rigging video a few weeks ago and recognized the area. It was a place I had fished back in March near a bridge and its also a couple hundred yards from the boat ramp I use up in the river. Anyway I started throwing the C rig and within a coupel of hours me, my dad and a buddy of mine who travelled with us boated around 20 fish. Most were short fish (15 inch minimum, i think table rock is full of fish in the 13 to 14 inch range....but still fun to catch none the less). We did manage a couple of keepers too. My biggest fish was around 3 and half pounds or so.

Heres a pic

fish.jpg

I'll post a few more pics of the trip in general later.

BJ

Back