B Bass bording ladder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Lund

Reaction score
Concerned about getting into my 170 Nitro if ever falling overboard.My water temp. now is 48 and time is critical. Have wife on board and don't want to lose here that way even though she beats me most of the time:angry:.

Has sanyone ever used the Ezrisejetstep $39.or so, that connects to your kleet.

Does anyone recommend something different.

Thanks

My 170 was always throwing me in the drink. I just swam to the back and used the cavitation plate as a step. I bit tricky when wearing a snowmobile suit but doable.

fatrap

How would you store it? If it's in a compartment and you fall overboard, how do you get to it? And if you are going to install it - how? It's made for a jet ski. I don't see how you are planning to install this anywhere on your boat. Most boat cleats aren't meant to hold that much weight - just hold your boat in place on a dock. Put the weight of an average man or woman on it, and I'm not sure it would hold.

All the best,

Glenn

Also used to have a 1995 170TF and like Fatrap, would swim around to the back, step on the cavitation plate and got right up into the boat, no problem. Not that I fell out a lot, but took the kids tubing and that's how we all got back into the boat.

JP

I had Bass Pro install a boarding ladder on the back of my 2001 Bass Tracker 175.

Cost me around $400 for install and parts. But it's there permanetly and now I can even go swimming when it gets real hot and just climb back in.. Cant put on price on Safety.

And fatrap, how exactly would your boat "always" throw you in the drink? lol.

I think my falling in the "drink" was due to my lousey knees. The right one would buckle pitching me forward and to the left right off the front casting deck. Sometimes I went overboard. One time Ileaned back to far setting the hook and the seat broke and I did a back roll into the water. And so on.

fatrap

If youa re in rough water and/or have a tendancy to fall overboard do yourself a favor and tie a rope to the front cleat and the back cleat. Stepping on the rope midship will allow most to get back into the boat.

I am usually very surefooted, but this past Saturday I stepped back from the edge after whizzing and tripped backwards over the TM cable. I had just changed from a regular pedestal seat to a butt seat. I grabbed for the seat back that wasn't there! Somehow I caught myself and didn't go in. It would've been a little chilly with the water temp 53 and the air temp 23!

Scott

Fatrap, I would have paid to see you set the hook and fall in the water LOL. i tend to set the hook very hard myself and always wonder if this will happen to me one day

Back