B.A.S.S. membership

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Got my renewal today. How many are members? Just wondering what my friends are doing.

Bubby:)

I quit years ago. Got tired of getting a renewal notice every week. Even when I just renewed for 3 years, I received mail - "Your membership is about to expire! Join now for 3 years and we will give you this almost worthless pile of cheap tackle, a hat you will never wear, a book you will never read, and 36 issues of Bassmaster magazine, packed with stories we have re-written again and again over the past 20 years, techniques that only work on certain lakes you will never fish, and at least a half-dozen informative membership renewal flyer cards, reminding you just how much we need your money again, and again, and again...." :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I'm just having a little fun tonight... but the renewal notices did get old. Same reason I really don't want to (but probably will anyway) renew my membership with NRA. Pain in the arse subscription departments.

All the best,

Glenn

I got a lifetime membership when I was 16 years old, Im 39 now I got my moneys worth

I was one of the very early members and stayed in it for years. But like TritonGlenn, they chased me away.

NRA is very much the same as mentioned but, am staying a member because of what they do.

Life Member here for 20+ yrs. also. Association of B.A.S.S. Professionals member also. Both of those and a dollar bill will get me a cup of coffee almost anywhere! :lol::lol::lol:

Dan.../ where can you get coffee for a buck? Even a refill cup is $1.07 (99+tax of 8) here now!

Dropped bass a few years ago and the nra several years ago. Too many calls and letters begging for money.

BF

I have to be a member to fish the tournaments that I do. Been a member pre-tournament as I always order Bass Master Magazine from the neighborhood kids.

Dan.../ where can you get coffee for a buck? Even a refill cup is $1.07 (99+tax of 8) here now!

:lol::lol::lol:

Greg - Didn't you hear? Everything's cheaper in the South! :D

Been a life member for @ 20 years. (Traded 12 new S&T panels to BASS TIMES for a Life Membership back in 1991) From 1992-2002 I was paid in a lump sum yearly for the 12 'toons.

I to have to be a member to fish the opens. But I was given a life membership when I was 16, 34 now. Money well spent Mom.

Been a member for quite a few years, last time I joined was for 3 years. I guess I'm a lucky one 'cause I didn't start to get renewal notices until the last 4 or 5 months of the term.

I dropped mine a year or so ago. I didn't fish tournaments and the articles in the magizine seemed to be a remix of other atricles.

Besides, I learn much more hangin' out here. :wub:

Gene

I havent been a member of BASS since ESPN took over. I probably should now since I taught a BASSMASTER University....lol

:lol: :lol: Toxic. I hope to add a few more names to the list before it's all over. :)

Gene

My membership is expiring, after somewhere around 13 or 14 years, next month. I'm afraid I'm going to let it expire, after yet another unsolicited book arrived in the mail not long ago. Pasting the return labels and schlepping off to the post office to return something I didn't want in the first place, has gotten to the point of irritation with me. I'm through with them..............

Most of us kept the book we were sent a few years ago, per postal regulations regarding unsolicited mail.

Gene

Back