Avalanche touch up paint

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM SHINN

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get touch up paint for my Avalanche? When I took it out for the first time two weekends ago, the bumper on the dock had a nail sticking out and scraped two inches of paint off the boat. Sucks for now but I have to live w/ it.

Idealy the boat dealer would have touch up paint. Barring that I know Walmart and Kmart has a rack of touch up paint in the auto section. you could probably get close with that. We have a bodyshop teacher who has a machine that anaylizes paint and mixes an exact match. The problem is the type of paint being used could react to the paint on the boat. You could go to a bodyshop and ask. Painting it on with any brush will leave lines. An airbrush is ideal for touching up but you'll need to fill the scratch with a filler. You can buy a tube of that at the stores mentioned above. Then you can tape off the area with tape, wet sand the filler until the scratch is gone then feather in the paint with the airbrush.

If your real anal about your boats looks(myself)you can go through all the above. Most people would just let it go as a battle scare.

fatrap

You can get the paint directly from a Tracker dealer, but the going price from what I've heard from people who have bought some is ~$75 a quart. I haven't checked, so they might, but they should sell some little bottles of this stuff. Let us know what you end up doing and how it turns out.

--Casey

If you get into detail you will need an acid etch for the metal, then a primer, then the color and then a sealer. If you want perfect thats what you will need. If you want to hide the scratch, get some finger nail stuff that matches and touch it up.

BF

75 BUCKS A QUART!!! I have a cheaper solution:

LOL
marker_fine_red.jpg

Jim- What color Do you have? I will be getting mine painted next week, if I have some left and they let me keep the left over I'll send you some if you want. Mine is the pewter color.

Back