Avalanche - Paint Wearing Off From Trailer Bunks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
Avalanche Owners - Looking to see if you are having the same issue as me. As a result of loading my Avalanche onto the trailer the two inner bunks on the trailer are rubbing the paint off the boat. I have the trailer deep enough in the water where only an inch or so of the fenders over the wheels are showing. Don't know if this is a problem with the trailer/boat or if it's to be expected. Looking for feedback before calling the dealer.

Danny

Mine is doing the same thing. Not much you can do about it. Nature of the beast.

I've got more scrapes, bumps gouges and what ever all over mine now. Paint on the sides is holding up well even with all the gouges and scrapes. I like fishing docks, even when windy and sometimes when fighting a fish the boat gets away from me and smacks against and iron post or something else. :):(:wub:

Driley,

I have a NX 882, it's doing the same thing to my gel coat, it's from driving on the trailer and having road grit and sand in the carpet on the bunks. I have not found a fix yet.

MeBassn

I've got a TV-18...I'd wager a guess that everyone else, with me included, have the same issue with their boats...paint is going to wear off...no way around it....

Doesn't bother me....anymore, that is...LOL

Boat is a 2000 model and it still looks great....and I put some serious hours on it....

If the paint is the only 'wear' item, I'm happy!!!

az

All, thanks for the feedback and it's good to know this is just normal wear & tear.

Dan

That's why I have aluminum:lol:

Just kinda' polishes it a little:p

Back