Avalanche Kicker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Nyman

Reaction score
I really need some help here. I want to buy an Avalanche DC but I fish a lot of hp restricted lakes. Is there any way to mount a kicker on an Avalanche or is the transom only big enough to support one outboard? If not the Avalanche then would it work on a Pro Team 185? Sorry to be long winded, but I really want to finish my search.

Instead of the PT185, you may want to consider a TV18 if the Avalanche doesn't work out.

Mike i see you are in p-burg i am just up the road in pittstown. There is no way easy way to mount a kicker but what i did is upgrade to a 36 volt 109 trolling motor. We go to spurce run alot and never had a problem. We went from a 185 to a avalanche and love it. Any ? on the avalanche let me know.

All, Thanks for the info.

CJ

Do you have any problems getting around Spruce with just the tm? I have a 1997 Sea Nymph FM170 and can't stand the speed on that with my 9.9. Takes a really long time to get to the back parts of Spruce.

I had a custom made kicker plate for my Nitro. It's for sale. :)

Heres a picture so you can see how it was done.
109-0924_IMG.JPG

Mike,I always go to Spurce after work just to many people there on the weekends.We just fish from spot to spot and take our time. After dark the opti can be very quiet. Never had a problem with the battery's going dead.I had a pt185 90hp and a 9.9 kicker much happier with this setup. If I feel like hauling a*** I just to blue marsh,beltzville or hopactong. Creek and Mt. are electric only also. Good luck.

CJ,

When you say much happier with this setup, do you mean the Avalanche or the PT 185? I didn't think I could put a kicker on a PT185 either?

Teri,

If you don't mind me asking, what did the customer plate run you?

Thanks

Mike,

I am much happier with the avalanche.You can put a kicker on 185 with a kicker bracket back when the transom was wood I think they are aluminum now. The beam on the av is much wider therefore more stabil and much more storage.

Back