Avalanche Fuse Box

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the connections for my front depth finder to the fuse panel under the console. Seems like everytime I get into ruff water the fuse or something comes loose in the panel and I have to wiggle wires and fuse connections to get the front depth sounder to work again. Any suggestions on what I might do to cure thios problem?:(

If you have any in line fuse holders with the little spring you may change those to the blade type. Best route for it to be wired is directly to the battery with in line fuse close to the battery. Clark

If possible, you may want to check the panel itself. Even though the blade-type fuses are pretty good, over time, the connections that "hold" onto the blade can lose their tension. Simply pinching them closer together without the fuse installed (and with the battery disconnected!!) can help "revive" the tension so they grip the fuse better. I would also check the wires leading up to the box, especially at the point of connection.

Thanks Jim C.: I'll give the pich method a try first and if that doesn't work then I'll resort to Clarks method and rewire directly to batteries and inline fuse. I've already done that with the new console mounted depth sounder/flasher because the fuse connection for the original sounder was bad at the panel. :)

Back