Avalanche - 2006 Keelshield or Keelguard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 Avalanche and want to know if anyone has installed either a Keel Guard or Keel Shield on their Avalanche. If so, which one did you install, how long ago and have you had an problems? My dealer is concerned the paint won't hold if I install a keel shield or guard. He feels the paint will pull right of the boat.

Also, have you had any problems with Porpoising? I have a 150 Optimax with a 23 pitch Tempest and it seems to Porpoise slighly a mid range taking corners.

Never put one on mine so can't help you there. As far as paint peeling, I don't thimk so. I've put my Avalanche through some pretty ruff terrain and the bottom of the boat looks it. The paint has held up extremely well. I wouldn't think it would bother at all. I wish I had bput one on when I first bought the boat. I wouldent have half the dings and scxratches I do now.:):(

Put one on mine when I bought it in 03 and never had a problem. I beach it all the time.

CJ

Thanks to all the replied...

Pat - I was thinking of putting an SE 300 stabilizer on the boat to correct the porposing problem. Do you or anyone else know if this will help or will it create more problems.

Thanks....

I do not think they recommend the KeelShield on a painted hull. Although I have seen them applied to tin and they hold just fine.

TOXIC

Back