Attention Rich Stern

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Rich, what type of silicone spray??? I hate to sound stupid, but I am what I am.:D Thank you for the reply.

Bubby

Bubby, I can't remember the brand, but you should be able to find aerosol silicone spray at any automotive store or home center (lubricants). Walmart probably has it in the shoe products area, sold as shoe waterproofing spray.

Reel Magic will work, too, if you use that stuff.

Bubby,

Elmer's makes a product called 'Slide All" . I use it for a lot of stuff. You may want to give that a try.

Uncle Billy

Bubby, if you can't find it, let me know tomorrow morning and I'll send you a can no charge. We sell it by the hundreds to apparel manufacturers.

BruceM:cool:

Thanks everyone. I trimmed some carpet, seemed to help a little. Tommorrow, I wll try to find some silicone spray. I am a little confused about the silicone spray.::wacko::wacko::wacko:: Does it dry or is it a lube??? I thought the water profing sprays for shoes dryed. Uncle Billy, what about the product you are talking about, does it dry??? Bruce does your product dry??? Rich, how often do you need to apply the product??? Bruce, you are very kind in your offer, and I may contact you.

Thanks again

Bubby

Bubby, I'm fairly certain all of these dry. I use that Elmer's product on drawers, sliding door tracks., etc. If I were you, I'd take Bruce up on his offer. You can always see what it's like when you get it.

Uncle Billy

Bubby, It won't dry completely. It will leave a very light film of liquid silicone on whatever surface you spray it on. The product "liquid rollers" is basically silicone. Spray it on the bunks, and not nearly as much friction when loading. Ahem, that means not as much unloading either. May want to leave the bow strap connected till the boat gets over water instead of concrete. :lol::lol::lol:

If you want, I'll stick one in UPS today.

BruceM

Bruce, please do. I will be glad to send shipping charges, let me know.

Send to:

Bubby Scales

2848 Dove Ave.

Marrero, La. 70072

Thank you,

Bubby

Uncle Billy, even my wife cannot believe this. Bruce, not sure where you are from, however if you ever make it my way, Dinner is on me.

Bubby:):):):):):):):):):)

Bubby, I love your neck of the woods, but dinner is not required,,,,,,(ain't never gonna turn down a good dinner);)

I'm just glad I could help. Chemicals for the apparel industry are products that we do a lot of business in, and it turns out several are great for some of our (boaters) needs. Try the silicone that I sent and see how it does. Should be enough for a couple of projects.:rolleyes:

I would think that you get one day UPS service from here in South Alabama, but will definately be there Wed.

Happy holiday weekend.

BruceM

Back